In order to take account of the financial difficulties which the COVID-19 Coronavirus epidemic has caused to Air transportation, Aerial work, and Testing and Receipt, CRPN’s Board of Directors has reached a special decision to aid businesses that may be unable to pay their contributions in full when they become payable.
Pursuant to this decision, employers who have paid their employee’s contributions on time will be granted automatic forgiveness for the late penalties that would normally apply to their employer’s contributions if those have not been paid on time.
This measure applies to contributions due on the basis of periods of employment with a start date on or after February 1st, 2020, for employers on a monthly schedule, and those with a start date on or after January 1st, 2020, for employers on a quarterly schedule, and will remain valid through June 30, 2020.
No paperwork is required in order to qualify for this program.
Depending on how the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect the industry’s finances, CRPN’s Board of Directors may either end this special program+ before the scheduled date, or decide to renew it for an additional period.
Under all circumstances, any employer’s contributions that have not been paid on the basis of the above-referenced periods of air crew employment will need to be paid to CRPN in full by November 25, 2020.
A brief overview:
- Special measure => automatic forgiveness for late penalties on outstanding employer’s contributions
- Scope => contributions based on periods of employment from February 2020 (or January 2020 for employers on a quarterly schedule) through June 2020
- Eligibility requirement => employee’s contributions must have been paid on time
- Result => payment deadline extended to November 25, 2020 for employer’s contributions
- Required paperwork => none
The above information also appears in this informational guide (also available in the Downloads/ Employer Documents/ 2020 Contributions section).
Your Board of Directors representatives, along with CRPN’s teams, are here to help you deal with this situation.