France’s digital inclusion providers, with the support of France’s Ministry of State for digital affairs, has set up a resource center that provides help using online services that are essential during the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis.
The following have been launched to assist those experiencing difficulty using digital technology:
- A website solidarite-numerique.fr,
- And an accompanying telephone number 01.70.772.372., that can be reached Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. through 6 p.m. for anyone who would like to speak with one of 700 “digital inclusion volunteers.”
The website offers tutorials and directions that are designed to be easily understood and help users through their online administrative procedures.
- Completing online administrative procedures for you and your family,
- Completing online procedures in connection with your job or business,
- Seeing a doctor,
- Keeping in touch with your friends and family,
- Working from home,
- Homeschooling during lockdown,
- Online grocery shopping,
- Finding reliable sources of information.