Yes, if you do not qualify to claim your pension without a rate reduction when your employment contract ends. Claiming a pension upon exhaustion of unemployment benefits is a special case that comes under the following set of rules:
- The applicant must have been downsized or joined on to a voluntary departure-job preservation plan,
- The terminated employment contract that generated the applicant’s unemployment benefits up to exhaustion of these must have been an air crew contract,
- The applicant’s pension effective date must coincide with the date of exhaustion of their unemployment benefit entitlement,
- On that date, the applicant must have accrued at least 20 years to their CRPN account,
- On that date, the applicant must be at least 50 years old.